Today’s reading: Ecclesiastes 7:14; Matthew 6:34
Have you ever opened your Bible to a verse that feels like it hits you upside the head? I’m guessing you have, and that was exactly my experience with Ecclesiastes 7:14 today.
“In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him” (Ecclesiastes 7:14, ESV)
My husband and I are in a season of adversity right now, and as I took in verse 14 it was helpful because it provided me with a much needed adjustment to my perspective. Here are the lessons this verse conveyed to me:
- We will experience both prosperity and adversity
- God is in control of every circumstance
- We may not fully understand why we’re going through our circumstances
- It’s not for us to know the future
- We shouldn’t take the future for granted
- Not knowing our future keeps us dependent on God
- We need to live in and for the present day rather than worrying about tomorrow and what “might be.”
Thank you, God, for giving me just the perfect verse to minister to my heart, and refocus my eyes on serving You right where I’m at today!
What did God impress on your heart after reading and considering the words of Ecclesiastes 7:14? How did this verse impact your thinking, attitude and/or focus? Tami
Source: Tami’s Blog
Leave A Comment